The Head of State, noting the inappreciable role of women in Kazakhstan society’s progress, congratulated women's representatives on the upcoming international holiday on March 8.
- Today women of Kazakhstan make a special contribution to the state’s formation. Representatives of the beautiful half of humanity are working tirelessly in various spheres of our country’s economy, including public service, science, private business, education and health. 55 percent of civil servants in the country are women, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev touched upon aspects of the state's demographic policy, focusing on issues of support and protection of motherhood and childhood.
- According to my instructions, the implementation of the Concept of Family and Gender Policy until 2030 begins this year. The amount of childbirth allowances will increase by 20 percent already in July. Annually, the cost of financial support for maternity and childhood is KZT 160 billion. Another KZT 120 billion to parents is paid from the State Social Insurance Fund. We have achieved a reduction in maternal mortality 3.7 times and children's deaths by 1.5 times for ten years, the Head of State said.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan singled out a number of tasks aimed at strengthening the gender policy in the country, the first of which is the family institution strengthening.
In this context, the Head of State has noted the fact that every third marriage falls apart in Kazakhstan, in particular, due to unpreparedness of the spouses to be responsible.
- In our country there are half a million broken families, with just one parent. It is necessary to take measures to address the problem, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed.
At the same time, the President of Kazakhstan turned attention to the need for uprooting any child bullying and for providing employment for the younger generation by strengthening patriotic education in special camps and institutions.
- In addition, we can consider the possibility of holding the All-Kazakhstan Children's Olympiad every four years under the Olympic champions’ supervision. The next question is that the average income of women is still one-third lower than that of men. One of the reasons is the list of works approved by the Government, where the use of women's labor is prohibited, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State described as the gender policy next priorities the need for creating comfortable environment for a mother and a child, as well as promoting culture of respect for motherhood.
- Perhaps, it is worth holding a National Open Day for children. I hope that we will be able to realize all our plans with your help, dear women, the President of Kazakhstan noted.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has expressed confidence that it is women who will play a big role in the process of the current political modernization.
The meeting participants shared their achievements both in professional and in daily activities.
At the end of the event, the Head of State awarded "Altyn Alka" pendant to O. Mukasheva, a mother of many children, and conducted a tour of Akorda residence for the meeting participants.
The meeting was attended by G. Abdykalikova, the State Secretary, Chairwoman of the National Commission for Women and Family-Demographic Policy under the President, A. Dzhaksybekov, the the Presidential Administration Head, Z. Baliyeva, the Majilis deputy of Parliament, Commissioner for Children's Rights, M. Abylkasymova, Vice-Minister of National Economy, A.Ernazarova, an academic microbiologist, A.Shevchenko, the Almaty-2017 Universiade champion in biathlon, I.Sedova, the rural secondary school’s principal, Z.Kokzhanova, the president of "Zhas Atameken” Club of Young Entrepreneurs, T.Kabylsha, a poetess, M. Galitskaya, a holder of a master’s degree in the Zhurgenov KazNAA, Sh.Altybaeva, the HR Department general manager in Tengizchevroil LLP, K.Razieva, the regional hospital chief doctor, M.Bukanova, a leading ballerina of "Astana-Ballet" theater, O. Mukasheva, a mother of a large family, A.Tazhibaeva, a laureate of international contests for kobyz, N. Razzak, a chairperson of the specialized inter-district court for minors, O. Davydenko, a soloist of the Abay Opera House, R. Ramazanova, a senior specialist of the Parachute Training Center of Kazakhstan’s Armed Forces, S. Bakaeva, an actress, and V. Mirlankyzy, a journalist.