During the meeting, the Head of the State noted the positive operating results of the enterprise within recent years.
- The government provided all-round assistance, and supported all the undertakings. Today the plant operates fairly stable and grows. According to the information I have, last year there was an increase in production by 10%, and income by 20%, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan has focused on the need for continuous development of innovative projects with the involvement of foreign companies, which will be of great help for the subsequent business growth.
S.Geller, the Board Chairman of "Ust-Kamenogorsk Titanium and Magnesium Plant" JSC, and A.Mamutova, President of the plant, thanked for the opportunity of the meeting.
- The increase in production noted by you is connected with the general growth in aerospace and industrial markets. The joint ventures have been brought into service, the planned achievement of estimated capacity is being observed, A.Mamutova said.
The Head of the State was informed about the measures taken connected with foreign partners.
- It is to be recalled that in 2014, together with the French government, the second enterprise for manufacturing titanium ingots and products for the nuclear industry was established. To date, its construction is over, and September 15 this year there is a presentation of the plant’s opening, the President of “Ust-Kamenogorsk Titanium and Magnesium Plant” JSC said.
In addition, A.Mamutova has spoken about joint activities with POSCO, the South Korean company.
- The joint project realization and use of modern technologies will allow the joint Kazakh-Korean enterprise to enter the world market of flat titanium rolled products, A.Mamutova said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has emphasized that he is familiar with the activities of “Ust-Kamenogorsk Titanium and Magnesium Plant” JSC almost from the moment of its creation and inquired about the prospects of supplying the enterprise with raw materials.
The plant’s President pointed out that titanium-containing raw materials are purchased in far-abroad countries in accordance with the international aerospace standard.
- This year, as part of the plant’s development program until 2022, construction of the second processing plant or producing ilmenite concentrate has started. For the Kazakh content increase, new pieces of technology have been put in place engineered jointly with the experts from the Ulba Metal Works, A.Mamutova concluded.