During the ceremony the credentials were presented to the President of Kazakhstan by the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassadors: Abdelzhalil Sobri, the Kingdom of Morocco, Keitumetsi Seipelo Thandeka Matthews, the Republic of South Africa, Mohammed Ahmed Sultan Isa Al-Jaber, the United Arab Emirates, Zaheer bin Mutish Al Anezi, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dato Said Mohamad Bakri bin Said Abdul Rahman, Malaysia, Zurab Abashidze, Georgia, and Luvsan Battulga, Mongolia.
The Head of the State, greeting the ceremony participants, noted that foreign diplomats started their activity in the crucial period of time for Kazakhstan.
- In January’s Address to the Nation I have assigned to ensure Kazakhstan’s Third Modernization. Our efforts will be aimed at creating a new model of economic growth, which will ensure the country’s global competitiveness, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev called the Law on Amendments and Additions to Kazakhstan’s Constitution another important event in the country’s life, which was signed on March 10 the current year.
- According to the latest amendments, a number of the President’s powers are delegated to other branches of government. The guarantees of the constitutional system inviolability and our country’s sovereignty and independence are strengthened, the President of Kazakhstan emphasized.
The Head of the Nation has noted that it is a great honor for Kazakhstan to represent the region as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council.
Nuclear, energy, water and food security are named by Nursultan Nazarbayev as four priorities of our state’s activity in the UN Security Council.
- Kazakhstan is one of the initiators and leaders of the Global Antinuclear Movement. This August 29, the International Day against Nuclear Tests, we plan to hold a number of significant international events in Astana, the President of Kazakhstan summed up.
The Kazakh leader pointed to Kazakhstan's active assistance in realizing the goals of sustainable development of the United Nations, the Paris Agreements and the "green economy" promotion.
- "EXPO" international exhibition on "Energy of the Future" in Astana shall work for that. When the exhibition is over, "Astana" International Financial Center will officially launch based on EXPO, and the establishment of the IT startup Intern’l Technopark, Research and Technology Park of clusters specializing in energy, environment and technologies are in the planning stage, Nursultan Nazarbayev concluded.
The President of Kazakhstan has specified the economic direction as the key element of cooperation with foreign partners.
- We are interested in increasing trade and attracting quality investments in production growth. Various benefits are provided for investors and one-stop principle service as well. Since 2015 our country has been a member of the World Trade Organization. Kazakhstan ranks 35th among 190 countries in terms of "Ease of Doing Business", the Head of State underlined.
The President of Kazakhstan separately dwelled on the country’s advantageous geographical location, which makes it possible to view it as an important transport and transit hub.
- The shortest routes from Europe to China and South-East Asia are via our country. In this regard, there is an active implementation of "Nurly Zhol" national infrastructure program. The business community has the opportunity to get connected to actualization of the 2015-2019 State Program for Industrial and Innovative Development and a large-scale privatization campaign. I hope for active participation of your countries in these projects, Nursultan Nazarbayev summed up.
The Head of the State, having noted multi-vector nature of sovereign Kazakhstan’s foreign policy, called the United Arab Emirates one of the key world partners.
- Emirates are the largest regional investor in Kazakhstan’s economy. In our country there are about 200 joint ventures with its capital’s participation. Realization of the largest "Abu Dhabi Plaza" investment project in Astana is underway. As a result of my meetings with the leadership of the Emirates, we have agreed on the implementation of new major joint projects, the President of Kazakhstan concluded.
Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed that he considers the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as one of the most important international partners that invariably support Kazakhstan's foreign policy initiatives.
- Cardinal deepening of bilateral interaction was facilitated by my visit to Riyadh last October. Mutual interest in deepening cooperation in the agro-industrial complex, petrochemistry, energy and in the field of geological exploration has been confirmed, the Head of State summed up.
The President of Kazakhstan noted the progressive development of relations with the Kingdom of Morocco.
- The opening of the Embassy of Morocco in Astana shall give a powerful impetus to deepening the mutually beneficial political, business and investment cooperation.
The Head of the Nation has turned attention to the ongoing dynamics in the dialogue between Kazakhstan and Malaysia, a reliable partner in the Asia-Pacific region.
- We need to give consideration to enhancing cooperation in such areas as high-tech infrastructure and construction projects, the Islamic banking system, production of halal food products and more. Malaysia is the recognized leader of ASEAN. Kazakhstan is interested in establishing closer ties with the Association, the President of Kazakhstan stressed.
Addressing the ambassadors of the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Malaysia, Nursultan Nazarbayev expressed his hope for active assistance in ensuring the participation of their countries at a high level in the work of the OIC Summit on Science and Technologies this September in Astana.
The Head of State noted that Kazakhstan attaches great importance to enhancing mutually beneficial cooperation with the Republic of South Africa.
- South Africa is known as the world community’s authoritative member, a key participant in the political and economic processes taking place on the African continent. Kazakhstan is interested in drawing cooperation with South Africa to a high level of interaction. A positive example of our cooperation is “Kazakhstan Paramount Engineering” joint venture, established in 2015, summed up the President of Kazakhstan.
At the same time, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed the importance of developing bilateral relations with Georgia.
- We hold interest in further promotion of the dialogue with Tbilisi in all spheres and at all levels. I am sure that during the upcoming visit of the President of Georgia to Astana we will discuss a wide range of matters and outline new promising areas for bilateral cooperation, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that he views Mongolia as one of the main friendly countries in East Asia.
- The role and significance of Mongolia in Asia as an important transit state, trading partner and supplier of natural resources have increased significantly in recent years. The historical commonality of peoples, similar economic interests and geopolitical challenges stipulate the need for further effective strengthening of Kazakh-Mongolian political, trade-economic and cultural-humanitarian cooperation, Nursultan Nazarbayev has concluded.
The Kazakh leader stressed that 2017 is a jubilee for the history of diplomatic relations between Kazakhstan and countries, whose ambassadors are present at the ceremony.
- It has been 25 years since establishing diplomatic relations. I am confident that your activity in Astana will be aimed at further expansion and deepening of cooperation between our countries, the President of Kazakhstan summed up.
In conclusion, Nursultan Nazarbayev, congratulating the ceremony participants on the official start of their diplomatic mission in Kazakhstan, wished health and success to them and their families, as well as a pleasant stay in the country.