The Head of State congratulated the ambassadors present on the official start of their diplomatic work in Kazakhstan and noted the symbolism of the solemn ceremony on the eve of Independence Day.
- Within 27 years, we have become a modern state with a rapidly growing economy. Today we attach much significance to securing peace, social harmony and well-being. We are realizing large-scale programs and reforms to become one of 30 developed countries of the world, said the President of Kazakhstan
Nursultan Nazarbayev has noted that improving the quality of life of citizens is among the major public policy.
The Head of State highlighted Kazakhstan’s activities to resolve international and regional conflicts, the example of which is Astana Process to establish peace in Syria.
- In the conditions of escalation of military conflicts, strengthening of sanctions and trade wars without mutual trust, any anti-crisis actions will not have a positive effect, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev made it clear that Kazakhstan intends to further develop trade and economic cooperation and friendly relations with the Kyrgyz Republic, and stressed that Kyrgyzstan is not only an important partner in Central Asia, but also a fraternal state, with which we have deep historical roots.
- We attach great importance to the development of a strategic partnership based on friendship and mutual understanding with Kyrgyzstan. I hope that the effective work of our governments in this direction will allow us to bring relations between the two countries to a new level, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that political, trade, economic and humanitarian cooperation with Armenia is developing in the spirit of mutual trust and respect, and separately highlighted the prospects for cooperation between Astana and Yerevan as part of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- In recent years, the volume of mutual trade has grown. So, by the end of 2017, its growth was 68.4%. At the same time, it is important to fully use the potential of our countries in the trade and economic sphere, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State has stressed that Iran is an important partner of Kazakhstan in the area, and focused on the need to expand cooperation with Tehran in the field of transport, logistics, agriculture, mining and metallurgy.
- I am convinced that the Convention on the Caspian Sea’s Legal Status, endorsed in Aktau, will give a new impetus to strengthening cooperation between our countries. We welcome the international agreement on Iran’s nuclear program and its further successful implementation, the President of Kazakhstan said.
In his speech, Nursultan Nazarbayev has pointed out that relations with Afghanistan are developing along the lines of friendship and mutual understanding, and noted that Kazakhstan makes a significant contribution to the socio-economic development and stabilization of the situation in this country.
- As a member of the UN Security Council, we are involved in solving the Afghan problem. Every year, Kabul is provided with financial, technical and humanitarian assistance. An educational program is being implemented for Afghan youth. We are also ready to become one of the main suppliers of food products in Kabul, the Head of State said.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan has highly appreciated the current level of relations with Lithuania and stressed that cooperation in the field of transport and transit, as well as the opening of direct flights between Astana and Vilnius, allows to further strengthen bilateral ties.
In conclusion, Nursultan Nazarbayev once again congratulated the diplomatic workers on starting the important and honorable mission in Kazakhstan and expressed confidence that their activities will contribute to the further development of cooperation between the countries.