The meeting was attended by the Prime Minister A.Mamin, the Head of the Presidential Administration A.Issekeshev, and the Deputy Prime Minister G.Abdykalikova.
Opening the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed out the importance of high-quality implementation of measures aimed at improving well-being and improving the quality of life in Kazakhstan.
- At the recent congress of Nur Otan Party we have discussed in detail the steps in the field of social policy. I have proposed new large-scale measures to support the poor and socially vulnerable segments. Today we will look at action plans for their implementation, the President of Kazakhstan said.
During the meeting, the Head of State was provided with information on the Government’s work plan for the implementation of the tasks set, including the legislative provision of social policy implementation.
Having heard the reports, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the need to provide measures of social support to the population in severe needs.
- It is important to realize that funds allocated to support socially vulnerable citizens are generated at the expense of tax payments. Therefore, it should be explained to everyone that the government, observing the appropriate balance, will always provide support to those who are in badly need, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State stressed that socially vulnerable groups, large families included, should feel the government’s support in the very near future.
- The needy citizens, large families should immediately receive social assistance from this April 1, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the job rating of government agencies’executives and the regions’ akims will directly depend on the level of well-being and the quality of life of citizens.
The Head of State emphasized the importance of taking timely measures to increase wages in the regions, implement systemic reforms in education and health care, increase the rate of housing construction and intra-district roads, as well as solve problems in the housing and utilities sector and the environment. In addition, special attention was paid to the aspects of working out and actualizing Kutty Meken and Auyl-El Besigi projects.
- The leaders of regions, Astana, Almaty and Shymkent need to keep the topical matters of their residents under personal control and take specific measures to fulfill these instructions. In addition, the main focus is also to ensure the effectiveness of using funds allocated for actualizing the social policy, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State also stressed the need to improve the efficiency of economic policies and the active participation of the population in that process.
- First of all, people need to be provided with work. The task of the state apparatus is to focus efforts on growth of small and medium-sized businesses and creation of jobs. That work should be carried out everywhere, in all cities, districts and villages, the Head of State said.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan instructed the Presidential Administration and Nur Otan Party, to continuously monitor the progress in accomplishing the tasks set.
- The government, akims, the public, and Nur Otan Party should engage in that activity in order to achieve real results. I will personally control this process, Nursultan Nazarbayev has concluded.