Speaking to the media representatives, the Head of the State noted the symbolism of the German President’s visit, taking place in the year of the 25th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations between the two states.
- Today we are entering the level of strategic partnership on the widest range of political and economic relations. I have communicated with the President of Germany on the development processes in Kazakhstan, and the foreign policy challenges facing the country. Germany is our reliable friend and key economic partner. More than 900 enterprises with participation of German capital are successfully working in Kazakhstan, and the amount of direct investments amounted to more than $ 4 billion, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed that the constant work on deepening the relationship has growth dynamics.
- Possibility of the German business participation in industrialization processes of Kazakhstan with the use of advanced technologies was given consideration. The key attention has been paid to the effective implementation of the Partnership Agreement in the raw, industrial and technological spheres. It is necessary to strengthen cooperation as art of ongoing privatization, training of professional and technical personnel, the Head of the State summed up.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also dwelt on the issues of making active bilateral relations in agriculture, transport and transit sphere.
- Given the advantageous geographical location of Kazakhstan, we intend to join efforts to further promote the idea of land transportation of goods from China via Central Asia to Germany. Of considerable interest are joint projects on introducing elements of the Fourth Industrial Revolution in Kazakhstan. Efficient work of the Intergovernmental Commission and the Business Council is of great significance. As a result of today, more than 20 documents have been endorsed for the total amount of about $ 1 billion, the President of Kazakhstan concluded.
In addition, the Head of the State focused on the ongoing work in the scientific, educational, cultural and humanitarian spheres.
- Friendly, kinship ties of Kazakhstan’s several thousand strong German community with Kazakhstani Germans living in Germany are important. I would like to note the commonality of our approaches on topical issues of international politics. Thanks to Germany’s support and personally Mr. Steinmeier, the first European Union Strategy for Central Asia for 2007-2013 was adopted, and the Water Initiative for our region was launched. We express our gratitude to you and your country for ratifying the Agreement on Enhanced Partnership of Kazakhstan with the European Union, Nursultan Nazarbayev concluded.
The President of Kazakhstan highly appreciated the role of Germany in world politics, noting the G-20 Summit held in Hamburg.
Along with that, the Head of the State informed the media about the exchange of views with the President of Germany on the conflicts taking place in the southeast of Ukraine and the Middle East.
The President of the Federal Republic of Germany in his speech said that there was an open conversation on the problems in the Near and Middle East and in the southeast of Ukraine.
- For 25 years of diplomatic relations, cooperation between our countries is not limited only to economic issues; it has become more diverse. First and foremost, these are various educational institutions, and funds that are actively functioning in Kazakhstan. That is a positive trend of joint development, Mr. Steinmeier said.
The President of Germany highly appreciated Kazakhstan’s foreign-policy role in the region.
- Kazakhstan is the anchor of regional stability; it is a self-confident state. To ensure peace in the whole region and give impetus to the successful development of the country, you, Mr. President, have abandoned the nuclear heritage. During the 25 years of Independence, you clearly demonstrate your commitment and example of a fair solution of disputes and conflicts through diplomatic means; and you successfully fulfill your role as a responsible partner in the UN Security Council. Kazakhstan provides a platform for the Syrian conflict settlement, Mr. Steinmeier said.
The President of Germany has focused on China’s idea to develop the New Silk Road.
-We hope that this initiative, which in the historical past was not only an infrastructure project, but also served as a cultural bridge between nations, will now be considered not only from the standpoint of investment attractiveness, but will also serve as a real rapprochement between East and West. I am confident that Kazakhstan, being between China and the West, will play a big role in this process, Frank-Walter Steinmeier said.