During the briefing, the Head of State noted the economic and political proximity of Kazakhstan and Turkey, emphasizing the active development of cooperation between the two countries.
- Turkey is one of the closest economic and political partners of Kazakhstan. Bilateral cooperation is actively developing, meetings are often held at a high level. This year marks the 25th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev spoke about the activity of more than 1,600 enterprises with participation of Turkish capital and on the further development of joint investment projects.
The Head of State expressed his intention to adopt Turkey’s experience to enhance the transit-transport potential of Kazakhstan.
- Everyone knows that Turkey is a transit state with developed infrastructure. Taking into account this fact, we proposed to develop Kazakhstan’s transport and transit potential jointly with the Turkish side, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev separately focused on the issue of cultural and humanitarian relations between the two countries, emphasizing the importance of mutual exchange of students in higher education institutions.
The Head of State also stressed that during the talks with Recep Erdogan, topical matters of the international agenda were taken into consideration.
- We have similar positions as for the main global issues. There are no misunderstandings between our countries. Astana offered its platform for conducting negotiations on Syria. Thus, we are contributing to this problem’s solution exclusively by peaceful means, the President of Kazakhstan said.
At the end of his speech, Nursultan Nazarbayev thanked the Turkish side for active participation in preparing and holding EXPO-2017 international exhibition.
In his turn, Erdogan expressed hope for continuing the dialogue on the development of relations between the two countries and invited the President of Kazakhstan to visit the Republic of Turkey the following year.
The President of Turkey appreciated Nursultan Nazarbayev’s support provided and the conditions created for Turkish investors and businesspeople working in Kazakhstan.
- I believe that our cooperation will go on to be strengthened. I would like to once again congratulate Kazakhstan on the successful organization of major international events. Your republic is a state that takes one of the leading positions in the Central Asian region. We are pleased with your country’s achievements, Recep Erdogan said.
Ending the speech, the President of Turkey expressed his intention to provide comprehensive support to the implementation of Nurly Zhol Program and thanked the Kazakh side for its hospitality.
Following the official visit of the President of the Republic of Turkey to Kazakhstan, the following documents have been inked:
- Minutes of the 10th meeting of the Intergovernmental Economic Commission;
- Protocol to the Plan of Measures of the Joint Economic Program "New Synergy" for 2017-2020;
- Memorandum of Understanding between Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Investment and Development and "Alsim Alarco" Consortium and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the construction and operation of "BAKAD" highway.