Opening the meeting, the Head of State noted that the region's leadership is doing some work, and there are positive changes.
- Today I have visited enterprises, talked with people; I felt people’s mood. Industry in the region’s economic structure takes almost 50%. This is a high figure among the regions of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
Speaking about the region’s advantageous geographical position, the President of Kazakhstan has drawn attention to the fact that Pavlodar region borders on the industrialized regions of the Russian Federation.
- There is a great potential in the field of industry, energy, transport and agriculture, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev dwelled separately on the issues of infrastructure development and construction of relevant facilities.
- Astana and Pavlodar are connected by the first class motorway. Now the trip does not take five or six hours, but three. The region’s transit potential is expanding, the President of Kazakhstan noted.
Turning to entrepreneurs, the President focused on the issues of deep processing of raw materials and production of competitive products.
- Today I got acquainted with the activity of companies producing aluminum, cable products and other enterprises. We need to think over production of building materials, window frames, dishes, aluminum foil. One should invest and make efforts here, Nursultan Nazarbayev called.
In the course of the meeting Pavlodar oblast akim Bolat Bakauov informed the President of Kazakhstan on the socio-economic development and implementation of projects within the framework of Ruhani Zhangyru Program and Five Social Initiatives of the President.
- Following the results of 2017, the region’s gross product for the first time exceeded KZT 2 trillion and grew by 3.6%. According to the results of the first half of this year, the industrial volume has grown by 4.6%. Your order on digitalization of industrial processes at the enterprises of the region is being implemented. Over KZT 200 billion were allocated for technological re-equipment, Akim of the region reported.
According to the meeting’s results, the Head of State gave specific instructions on introducing green technologies at the international specialized exhibition EXPO-2017, development of small and medium-sized businesses, cross-border trade with the regions of the Russian Federation, facilitating the tourist cluster potential in the region, development of livestock and irrigated agriculture.
Head of the Presidential Administration A. Dzhaksybekov, First Deputy Prime Minister A.Mamin, Energy Minister K.Bozumbayev, representatives of state bodies, heads of large manufacturing enterprises, including A. Mashkevich, Chairman of the ERG Board of Directors, D. Syzdykov, Chairman of Prommashkomplekt LLP Board of Directors, A. Terentyev, General Director of Stalmontazh LLP, O. Kruk, General Director of Kazenergocabel JSC and others.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev visited the Toraigyrov Pavlodar regional universal scientific library, where there was a presentation of the specialized equipment for readers with disabilities, projects for digitization of education and healthcare, as well as the exhibition hall of Ruhani Zhangyru project office.