The Head of State congratulated all those present on Nauryz and stressed that the holiday of renewal and the birth of a new life has become a vivid symbol of our rich spiritual heritage, the inextricable link between generations and the basis of the unity of Kazakhstan’s nation.
- Elbasy’s decision, taken on March 19 of this year, was dictated by his true concern for the future of our state. I am grateful to our entire nation for supporting Elbasy and me at that difficult period, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev noted the symbolism of his first visit as the country’s President from the city of Turkestan, which is the centre of Kazakh culture, history and spirituality.
- Turkestan is the golden cradle of our state. It is no coincidence that Elbasy decided to give it a special status. The revival and renewal of ancient Turkestan confirms correctness and loyalty of our course. It is here that I would like to share with the people how I think to work and resolve issues of concern to society, the Head of State said.
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev among the priority issues that concern the people of Kazakhstan, above all, noted the lack of justice.
- Justice in society, first of all, depends on the executive branch. The Cabinet, ministers, akims of all levels, police, prosecutors, courts are tasked to protect the rights of citizens. This is their constitutional duty, and at the same time, a civic duty, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State also announced the strengthening of anticorruption fight and the personal responsibility of those heads of central and local bodies against who reasonable and fair complaints will be received.
The President of Kazakhstan pointed to the need for close work of civil servants with citizens, criticizing the existing mechanisms of reporting meetings of leaders to the population.
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev emphasized that the idea of hard work and fair remuneration for decent work should be at the forefront of the national ideology.
- We should create conditions for the employment and professional growth of our citizens, young people? in particluar. We have to work to ensure that the potential of those who work abroad to be used in our country. Then we will become even stronger. At the same time, social dependency cannot be promoted among those who are not looking for job. The government will support socially vulnerable. All the rest should be employed, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State instructed the Cabinet to reformat the budget exclusively for the purposes of state development and security, while reducing spending on image events.
- The key focus of public spending is on addressing the needs of ordinary people. Water, housing, jobs, conditions and infrastructure for lives of our citizens are the issues our population is worried about. And we will solve those questions. I will evaluate the work of ministers and akims based on the results of solving specific problems, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan focused on the matters of spiritual modernization, stressing the significance of further implementing the directions of Elbasy’s Program titled Ruhani Jangyru and his article Seven Facets of the Great Steppe.
Special attention has been paid to the progress of the Year of Youth in Kazakhstan.
- We have to expand opportunities for young people: create their own business, get an education, get a job, earn. Social elevators to improve their lives, building a career should work for real. We will prepare a special personnel program to provide growth opportunities in the public service for young and talented people in our country. The future belongs to the youth, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said.
In conclusion, the Head of State noted that his main principles in the office of President are continuity, justice and progress.