Addressing the ceremony participants, the Head of State noted that the successful holding of EXPO-2017 exhibition became possible due to the synergy of efforts of Astana and all regions of the country.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized the positive multiplicative effect of the exhibition on Kazakhstan's economic development.
- Over 1,400 small and medium-sized enterprises have received orders for the supply of goods and services worth 640 billion tenge. The tourist sector of Kazakhstan received a noticeable boost - demand for tour operator services increased 1.8 times. The number of business entities in Astana increased by more than 10%. Taxes in the capital city’s budget from the service sector increased 1.2 times. The capital of Kazakhstan was in the midst of global attention and keen interest of the whole world, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State dwelled on cultural and international events held inside the exhibition.
- Every day the capital of Kazakhstan was filled with sounds and colours of cultures from all over the globe. Today's celebration has coincided with the Summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation on Science and Technology, which discusses important issues of scientific and technological development of the Islamic world. More than 6 thousand different events took place in the framework of EXPO, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that Kazakhstan has strengthened its image as a safe and dynamically developing state in the Eurasian region.
The Head of State highlighted a number of positive aspects of the exhibition, which influenced the development of advanced ideas and technologies in the field of "Future Energy" and contributed to strengthening the interaction of science in the world.
- EXPO has given a unique opportunity to demonstrate the intellectual and technological potential of our entire planet. About 140 scientific inventions in the field of renewable energy sources were exhibited here, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan noted the organization of a global dialogue on the priorities of modern energy policy at the Expo site and the development of recommendations for solving modern problems in the energy and environmental sectors.
- Holding the EXPO has once again showed our country's commitment to the idea of developing "green" technologies. I am confident that our Exhibition will make its unique contribution to the global development of "clean energy", the Head of State said.
At the same time, Nursultan Nazarbayev spoke about plans after the exhibition use of the EXPO infrastructure.
- "Nur Alem" and several other pavilions in which the exhibition theme is presented, will be preserved as "Heritage of EXPO". The completion of the exhibition will be the beginning of the launch of several new large-scale projects. First, it is the Astana International Financial Centre. It should become a financial hub, a centre for attracting investments and carve out a dignified niche in the international financial system, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Kazakh leader has also dwelled on projects to create the international centre for developing "green" technologies and investments and the international technology park for IT start-ups.
- Thus, the whole exhibition complex of EXPO will continue to serve the tasks of innovative and sustainable development. I invite everyone to active cooperation in the work of the new centres, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan thanked everyone who participated in the organization of the exhibition and expressed special gratitude to its guests.
- At that I announce the closing of the international specialized exhibition EXPO-2017! I express my gratitude to Kazakhstan’s nation for their support in implementing the idea of the exhibition. Thousands of people worked for the successful organization of the exhibition. I am very grateful to everyone for participating in the significant event for the Kazakh land!, concluded the Head of State.