Within the framework of the working visit, the Head of State visited Kazan Federal University.
Prior to the Faculty meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev had a talk with the students from Kazakhstan, who are studying in Kazan. The President of Kazakhstan wished success to his young compatriots and achievements in studies.
During the visit to the higher educational institution, the Head of State was awarded the title of Honorary Doctor of Science of Kazan Federal University.
Addressing the staff of one of the leading educational institutions of the Russian Federation, the President of Kazakhstan noted the rich academic and scientific base, as well as practical achievements of the University in the field of innovations.
- According to historical data, since 1877 representatives of the Kazakh intelligentsia were actively studying at Kazan University. It is gratifying that the close historical connection of the educational institution with Kazakhstan continues at present. At present, over 500 Kazakhstani students receive knowledge on various programs here, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State stressed that for 25 years of diplomatic relations between Kazakhstan and Russia, bilateral political and economic cooperation has become exemplary.
- Thanks to our close cooperation in the CIS, a new integration association, the Eurasian Economic Union, has emerged, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev called the relationship between Kazakhstan and Tatarstan an important component of the strategic partnership between Astana and Moscow.
- In Kazakhstan, they are especially concerned with brotherly Tatarstan, which is due to our common historical roots, proximity of languages, customs and traditions. The historical ties of friendship between our peoples have become a solid foundation for cooperation between Kazakhstan and Tatarstan at the present stage, the Head of State underlined.
In this context, Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed to the important role of the Tatar diaspora in Kazakhstan in bringing two cultures and nations closer together.
The President of Kazakhstan dwelled on projects implemented jointly with the Republic of Tatarstan.
- Together we realize various investment projects in machine building, petrochemistry, military-technical and transport-logistical cooperation. Our capital cities, Astana and Kazan, are twin cities, Almaty and Kazan are partner cities, the Head of State said.
During the speech, Nursultan Nazarbayev focused on the process of Kazakhstan's economic development in conditions of digitalization and technological revolution.
The Head of State spoke in detail about the work in Kazakhstan on building human capital and forming an intellectual nation.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev dwelled on the progress of The Trinity of Languages Project, as well as the introduction of IT technologies in the system of school education in Kazakhstan.
The Head of State noted that at present there are 20 intellectual schools in Kazakhstan, aimed at teaching children natural-mathematical disciplines in accordance with the requirements of international programs.
- Taking into account the requests of industrial and innovative development, the structure and content of technical and vocational education is being modernized. The largest and most significant project in the country's higher education sphere is the creation of an excellent university in Kazakhstan - Nazarbayev University. This is the first university in Kazakhstan working in accordance with international standards, principles of independence and academic freedom, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also spoken about the results of Bolashak Program, thanks to which Kazakhstanis have the opportunity to study at the best universities in the world.
Along with that, the Head of State emphasized the need to strengthen friendship and good neighbourliness between Kazakhstan and Russia, stressing the important role of youth in this matter.
In this regard, Nursultan Nazarbayev proposed to organize a number of activities aimed at actively involving the younger generation of the two countries in the process of further development of cooperation between Astana and Moscow.
- I propose to organize a Forum of young leaders of Kazakhstan and Russia. That will allow young people to exchange their ideas and work out concrete proposals on the most pressing issues of the states’ progress. It is also necessary to set a new impetus to cultural exchange and to intensify the holding of annual competitions for young performers, artists, musicians to support the talented and creative youth of our countries, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan has also noted the need to strengthen cooperation in sports.
- The contacts between our young sportsmen are actual. I think that the students will support holding tournaments on a regular basis among the young people of the two countries, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In conclusion, the Head of State has expressed his confidence that good traditions of Kazakhstan-Tatarstan friendship and mutual understanding will continue to deepen and strengthen for the benefit of the nations.
The President of Kazakhstan left an entry in the Book of Honoured Guests of Kazan Federal University.