Speaking to the reporters, the Head of State summarized the results of the talks that took place during the official visit to the Republic of Belarus.
The President of Kazakhstan noted open and confidential nature of relations between the two states, which are reliable partners to each other.
-We have no questions on which we could not find mutually acceptable solutions. We have considered in detail the wide range of issues on the bilateral agenda, the Head of State said.
In turn, Alexander Lukashenko has stressed the importance of strategic cooperation in the format of bilateral relations and integration associations.
- For 25 years, we have become not just friends, but serious strategic economic partners as well. Kazakhstan is an important and time-tested ally for us, both in the format of bilateral relations, and as part of integration associations and international organizations, the President of Belarus said.
The two leaders emphasized the fact that during the talks special attention was paid to the development of cooperation in the trade and economic sphere.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has informed mass media representatives that the volume of trade turnover between the countries for the 9 months of the current year has grown by more than 60% and amounted to 441 million US dollars.
At the same time, the Head of State pointed to the need for more active use by the governments of the two countries of the existing unused reserves in mutual trade, taking into account the Eurasian integration potential.
- I have suggested working on the expansion of our trade nomenclature. Special focus will be on intensifying our industrial cooperation and actual examples of increasing bilateral trade, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State stressed the need to increase the efficiency of joint ventures manufacturing combines, tractors, quarry, dumper, trailed and other equipment.
Noting the geographical location of the two countries, the President of Kazakhstan paid special attention to the great possibilities of transit and transport collaboration and noted the expediency of its expansion.
- Over the past six years, transit traffic between China and Europe through Kazakhstan and Belarus has increased almost 100 times. In 2018, we expect a twofold rise. We agreed on further actions of Astana and Minsk on cooperation in this sphere, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In his speech, the President of Belarus placed emphasis on the cooperation potential between the two countries in the field of IT.
-This visit has started a new chapter of bilateral cooperation, the hallmarks of which are the interpenetration of capitals with an increased focus on innovation and high technologies, Alexander Lukashenko said.
In conclusion, the Head of State expressed his confidence that the talks will give a powerful impetus to the development of cooperation between Kazakhstan and Belarus across the entire spectrum of interaction.
Within the framework of the official visit of the President of Kazakhstan to the Republic of Belarus, a package of bilateral agreements was signed:
- Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Belarus on socio-economic cooperation and the Program of Cooperation until 2026;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Belarus on cooperation in the field of mass media;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Belarus on the production and scientific and technical cooperation of organizations of defense industries.
- Plan for cooperation between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Belarus for 2018-2019;
- Program of cooperation in the field of physical culture and sports between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Belarus for 2018-2019;
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cultural Cooperation between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus;
- Agreement on scientific and technical cooperation between the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Belarus.