The Head of the State noted that the entire range of questions introduced for discussion had been under consideration during the meeting.
- Trade remains the fundamental pillar of our interrelationship, and it provides opportunities for developing other areas of interaction. Today's meeting has brought to light the need for commercial exchange boost, as the existing volume of $ 140 million does not meet our interests, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of the State has taken a note of a large unrealized reserve of bilateral trade and economic ties.
- Our countries should use it to further increase bilateral trade. Kazakhstan is prepared to supply metallurgical products, and the locomotives already exported to Azerbaijan. Only the volume of vegetable produce from Azerbaijan has increased 12 times in one year. We can increase the trade turnover up to 500 million US dollars, taking into account the concerted actions in the short term, the President of Kazakhstan concluded.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has further brought into focus the priority of developing the transport and transit sphere of the two countries.
- A railway line from the Chinese border to the Caspian Sea with a length of about 2000 km has been built in Kazakhstan, as well as "Western Europe-Western China" highway, which bring their results. At present, there is a question of sending goods from China to Europe through the Caucasus and the Caspian Sea. Thus, there is a great potential for Azerbaijan, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan called the cooperation in the field of energy strategic, where both countries are important stakeholders in the global market.
- We are seeking for maintaining the uninterrupted delivery of oil and oil products to the world markets, through the territory of Azerbaijan as well. When launching major projects in Kazakhstan, we try to provide background for local content in manufacturing equipment or other products. In this regard, we have discussed the possibility of establishing joint industrial enterprises in those areas where the parties have experience and achievements, Nursultan Nazarbayev summed up.
The Head of State noted that during the meeting the matters of cooperation between our countries within the framework of international and regional organizations had been talked over.
- Kazakhstan, being a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council, will focus on the existing regional problems. As for the Azerbaijani-Armenian conflict, our country adheres to the agreements reached within the framework of the UN Resolutions. Kazakhstan maintains good relations with all countries and always calls for peaceful regulation of conflicts, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan separately dwelled on the issue of the need for cooperation in the field of combating terrorism.
Nursultan Nazarbayev, noting common cultural and historical values and the absence of unresolved problems in relations, pointed to the possibility of further effective interaction on the widest range of issues.
- Cooperation in this area is very deep and is supported by close ties of the creative intelligentsia, educational institutions and research organizations. Representatives of the 130-thousand Azerbaijani diaspora living in Kazakhstan are the important link between our states, the Head of State has underlined.
In conclusion, the Head of the State expressed his gratitude to the President and the people of Azerbaijan for the hospitality extended, wishing success and prosperity.
The President of Kazakhstan invited Ilham Aliyev to participate as an honorary guest in the SCO meeting and the opening of "EXPO-2017" trade show in Astana.
In his turn, Ilham Aliyev noted the solid basis of relations, the evidence of which are the negotiations held and a package of the endorsed documents.
The leader of Azerbaijan noted the fruitfulness of cooperation between the two countries in the international arena.
⁃ Active development of political interaction is observed within the framework of various international and regional structures. Once again, I congratulate Nursultan Nazarbayev personally and Kazakhstan’s nation on the election as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council, Ilham Aliyev said.
The President of Azerbaijan emphasized the fact that during the visit the whole range of trade and economic cooperation was given detailed consideration.
⁃ The decision has been taken on holding a meeting of the interdepartmental government commission in the short term. We will discuss our countries’ out-bound positions, which will make bilateral trade grow. Increase of investments from Azerbaijan into Kazakhstan’s economy and vice versa is encouraging. That is of great interest for both sides, Ilham Aliyev said.
In conclusion, the Azerbaijani leader stressed the constructive nature of the discussion of the entire block of trade, economic, transport and energy issues during the bilateral talks.
Within the official visit of the Head of the State to Azerbaijan, the following documents have been inked:
⁃ Agreement on strategic cooperation between "Kazakhstan Temir Zholy" National Company” JSC and "Azerbaijan Railways" CJSC in the field of logistics and railway transport engineering;
- Protocol between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan on introducing amendments and additions to the Convention between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan on avoiding double taxation and preventing tax evasion with respect to income and property taxes as of 16 September 1996;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan on international highway service;
- Program of cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2017-2018;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan on cooperation in the field of quarantine and plant protection;
- Joint Declaration of Nursultan Nazarbayev, the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and Ilham Aliyev, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.