Speaking to representatives of Turkish business, the Head of State noted the upward trend of trade and economic cooperation between the two states.
- Relations between Kazakhstan and Turkey are based on mutual friendship, brotherhood and trust. Turkey is one of the top ten trading partners of Kazakhstan. The trade turnover between our countries in 2017 grew by 27% and amounted to almost 2 billion US dollars, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev focused on issues of investment cooperation and implementation of joint projects in various economic sectors. In particular, it was noted that Turkey has invested in Kazakhstan since its independence of more than 3 billion US dollars, and today there are about 2000 enterprises with the participation of Turkish capital.
In addition, the Head of State spoke about the results of the New Synergy program aimed at supporting entrepreneurs of the two countries.
- As part of the Program, 23 projects worth US $ 800 million were launched, which allowed creating three thousand jobs. Yesterday representatives of business of our countries inked 24 contracts worth more than 1.7 billion US dollars. That is a clear example of our mutual trust and cooperation, the President of Kazakhstan stressed.
During the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev has drawn attention to the economic advantages of Kazakhstan and the favourable conditions created for doing business there.
- Kazakhstan is carrying out comprehensive work to improve the investment climate. In order to develop entrepreneurship, relevant amendments have been made to the legislation. According to the World Bank's "Doing Business", Kazakhstan ranks 36th among 190 countries. Our state is a member of the OECD Investment Committee, the Head of State noted.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also spoken about the activities of the Foreign Investors Council under the President of Kazakhstan, Kazakh Invest company and various preferences for investors.
- In Kazakhstan, there are 11 special economic zones and 24 industrial zones, which provide tax and other benefits for their participants. I invite Turkish companies to develop their business in Kazakhstan, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Kazakh leader has also dwelled in detail on Kazakhstan’s transit-transport potential.
- Kazakhstan is actively developing transcontinental multimodal transport between Europe and Asia. Through our country there are 5 railway and 6 highways of international importance. A lot of work is underway to develop trans-Caspian multimodal transport. We have modernized the port of Aktau and expanded its potential, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan pointed to the possibility of foreign investors’ participation in the process of privatizing industrial enterprises and implementation of innovative projects in the agro-industrial complex.
In addition, the Head of State invited Turkish businesspeople to take part in the work of innovative clusters created on the basis of Nazarbayev University and the Park of Innovative Technologies, as well as to consider the prospects for implementing joint projects in tourism.
- The Astana International Financial Centre was established on the basis of Expo-2017, which works based on the best models of financial centres in New York, Singapore, London and Dubai. Its legal status is enshrined in the Constitutional Law, and the working language is English. This is the only centre in the region, the activities of which are whose activities are governed by English law, the President of Kazakhstan stressed.
Speaking about the main advantages of the financial centre, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the existence of special tax, currency, visa and u regimes for the Centre’s participants.
In conclusion, the Head of State urged the businesspeople of the two countries to be actively involved in the development and strengthening of interstate relations, using all the conditions created.