After the official welcoming ceremony, the leaders of the two countries held talks in an expanded format.
In his welcoming speech, the Head of State expressed gratitude for the invitation to make a state visit and noted the traditionally warm welcome extended.
- First of all, I would to congratulate you on your re-election to the highest state office and the successful holding of the 19th Congress of the Communist Party of China, which has become a world-wide event in the framework of building socialism with Chinese characteristics, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the increasing role of the Communist Party of China as the foundation of the country’s statehood in implementing the "Chinese dream".
The Head of State drew attention to the high dynamics of the Kazakh-Chinese relations, pointing out that 188 meetings at the highest level took place since 2012.
- During this time we have signed 127 bilateral documents for a total of about 67 billion dollars. We need to continue this dialogue. The mutual trade volume over the past year reached almost 11 billion dollars, with growth of more than 30 percent. We have even greater potential for promoting bilateral relations, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan highly appreciated the personal contribution of China’s Chairman to the progressive development of good-neighbourly relations in the spirit of friendship, equality, cooperation and respect for state sovereignty.
-Our cooperation has further strengthened within the framework of your initiative to build the Economic Belt of the Silk Road, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of the People’s Republic of China, in turn, noted the high level of bilateral cooperation, which became the example of good-neighbourliness, and pointed to strengthening of mutual trust and cooperation in implementing joint infrastructure initiatives, including the One Belt, One Road Program.
-We are ready, together with Kazakhstan, to follow the path of building the common destiny of mankind and to apply intellectual and physical efforts to create a brighter future for mankind. I am ready to work with you to drive the big ship of the Chinese-Kazakh friendship, Xi Jinping said.
During the talks, the Chinese side expressed interest in supplying environmentally friendly Kazakh agricultural products to its market, deepening bilateral cooperation in energy, oil and gas, new technologies and digitalization, as well as cultural and humanitarian ties.
Ending the meeting, the Head of State invited the PRC Chairman to pay an official visit to Kazakhstan.
The visit resulted in signing the following documents:
1. Joint statement of Kazakhstan and People’s Republic of China.
2. Agreement between the Government of Kazakhstan and the Government of the People's Republic of China on cooperation in preventing the illegal movement of nuclear materials, radioactive materials, radioactive waste and radiation-hazardous items.
3. Framework Agreement between the Government of Kazakhstan and the Government of the People's Republic of China on granting the PRC a soft loan.
4. Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation between the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan and the PRC Ministry of Finance.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between Investment and Development Ministry of Kazakhstan and the State Committee for Development and Reform of China on the joint development of China-Kazakhstan Cooperation Plan in production capacities and investments.
6. Memorandum of Understanding between Investment and Development Ministry of Kazakhstan and the State Committee for Development and Reforms of the People's Republic of China on approving the list of joint projects in the field of industrialization and investment and mechanisms for its formation.
7. Memorandum on cooperation in electronic commerce between National Economy Ministry of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Commerce of the PRC.
8. Protocol between Agriculture Ministry of Kazakhstan and the Main Customs Administration of China on inspection, quarantine and veterinary-sanitary requirements for beef exported from Kazakhstan to China.
9. Protocol of sanitary and phytosanitary requirements for exports of alfalfa hay from Kazakhstan to China between Agriculture Ministry of Kazakhstan and the Main Customs Administration of the People's Republic of China.