After the ceremony, Nursultan Nazarbayev held talks with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, in expanded format.
The President of Kazakhstan thanked Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan for the warm welcome.
- It is symbolic that my visit is taking place on the 100th anniversary of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founder of the United Arab Emirates. I had the honour to be acquainted with your father, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The Head of State has said that fraternal relations and fruitful meetings give a new impetus to the development of relations between the two countries.
-Due to the implementation of mutual agreements only in 2017, trade has doubled from $ 374 to $ 643 million, and since 2015 - six times, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed the positive effect of introducing a visa-free regime between the countries and noted that the parties are interested in further deepening cooperation in the field of investment protection, space technologies, hydropower, petrochemicals, agriculture and digitalization.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan conveyed greetings to Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of the United Arab Emirates and invited the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to pay an official visit to Kazakhstan.
In turn, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan thanked Nursultan Nazarbayev for accepting the invitation to make an official visit.
- On my own behalf and on behalf of my people, let me welcome you to the land of the United Arab Emirates. I hope that your visit will be successful. We will sign a package of important bilateral documents today. For my part, I express readiness for all-round cooperation, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahayan said.
During the official visit, the following bilateral documents have been inked between the sides:
- Agreement between the Government of Kazakhstan and the Government of the United Arab Emirates on promotion and mutual protection of investments;
- Memorandum on the basic conditions for cooperation in constructing the integrated gas chemical complex in Atyrau region (production of polyethylene);
- Memorandum of Understanding on the repurchase/acquisition of a stake in a polypropylene plant in Atyrau region;
- Framework Agreement on the main principles for acquisition of a 49% stake in Aktau Sea Port JSC, Special Economic Zone;
- Framework Agreement on the basic principles of DP World's participation in the capital of Khorgos-East Gate JSC, Special Economic Zone Management Company;
- Agreement on participation in the World Expo-2020 in Dubai.