During the meeting, the Head of State has fixed on the deliverables to strengthen and develop relations within the CIS. Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the effectiveness of ongoing measures to reform the organization and update the conceptual documents of the Commonwealth.
The President of Kazakhstan pointed to a number of promising areas to further deepen interstate relations. In particular, the Head of State focused on the need to strengthen the economic foundations of the CIS and to take measures aimed at removing trade barriers between the countries.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also highlighted the issues of expanding trade and economic relations and using the transit and transport potential of all CIS countries.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan drew attention to implementing joint projects in the scientific and space industry, in the field of digitalization and tourism.
The Head of State has also spoken about the peculiarities of Astana International Financial Centre established in Kazakhstan and invited all the CIS participating countries to take an active part in its work.
Following the meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the CIS, the following decisions and documents have been adopted:
1. Agreement on cooperation of CIS member states in the fight against crimes in the field of information technology;
2. The CIS Convention on cooperation in the field of research and use of outer space for peaceful purposes;
3. The CIS Chairmanship;
4. Preparation for celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Victory in the 1941-1945 Great Patriotic War;
5. Declaration of the CIS Heads of State on the 70th anniversary of adopting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as of 10 December 1948;
6. Implementation in 2021 of the Capitals of the Commonwealth Interstate Program in Tajikistan;
7. Declaring 2021 the Year of Architecture and Urban Development in the CIS;
8. The Interstate Program of Joint Measures to Combat Crime for 2019-2023;
9. Introducing amendments to the Regulations on the Council of CIS Ministers of Defence;
10. Introducing amendments and additions to the Regulations on the CIS Antiterrorist Centre;
11. The Head of the CIS Antiterrorist Centre;
12. The Chairman of the Coordinating Committee for Air Defence under the CIS Council of Ministers of Defence;
13. Termination of the decisions of the CIS Council of Heads of State;
14. Declaration of the CIS Heads of State on the Nomadic World Games;
15. Declaration of the CIS Heads of State on the 90th anniversary of Chingiz Aitmatov.