Opening the Summit, Nursultan Nazarbayev thanked the President of the Kyrgyz Republic Sooronbay Jeenbekov for the traditional hospitality, and also noted the participation in the event of the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev and the Prime Minister of Hungary Viktor Orban.
- Participation in today's meeting of such distinguished guests testifies to the increase in the importance and expansion of the Turkic Council’s influence. I am confident that based on the agreements and decisions adopted at the Summit, mutual cooperation and fraternal ties between our countries will get to a whole new level, the President of Kazakhstan said.
At the end of his opening speech, the Head of State handed over the chairmanship in the Turkic Council to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic Sooronbay Jeenbekov and wished him luck in his new status.
Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed out that, in the context of modern globalization, special importance should be given to preserving the national culture and traditions for future generations.
- Therefore, today's meeting is devoted to developing national sports and youth policy. I propose to hold a forum of youth leaders of the Turkic Council on a regular basis, scientific conferences, seminars, and organize expeditions to unique historical places of the Turkic world. I am confident that these measures will lead to the fact that our young people will cooperate more closely and expand their knowledge about the cultural peculiarities of our countries, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State separately dwelled on the results of Kazakhstan's chairmanship in the Turkic Council.
- During our presidency, special attention has been paid to scientific and educational work. Thus, The General History of the Turks textbook entered the school curriculum of Azerbaijan, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. The Turkic Academy published more than 90 books on history, launched Atalar Mirasy book (Heritage of the Ancestors), which collected four centuries of cultural heritage of our nations, and the implementation of the sociological research project called Turkbarometer began. In order to develop cooperation between our countries in the tourism industry, The Modern Great Silk Road Project has been launched, which will allow us to visit the historically significant and sacred places of our countries within 14 days, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that against the backdrop of changes in the geopolitical and geo-economic situation in the world, the problems of international security are aggravating.
- They are terrorism, religious extremism, organized crime, uncontrolled migration and drug trafficking. These factors, of course, have a negative impact on the Turkic world, which requires us to take comprehensive measures, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed that cooperation within the Turkic Council will create favourable conditions for mutual development, and proposed a number of initiatives on further development of partnership between the countries.
- We should use the opportunities of Astana International Financial Centre, with all conditions for working out financial instruments, consolidating the capital and attracting well-known investors and financial experts. In this regard, I invite your countries to take an active part in the activities of the financial centre, the President of Kazakhstan noted.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has drawn attention to the importance of deepening trade and economic relations between the member states of the Turkic Council and spoke about the advantages of using their transit potential.
- Our states are in the middle of the continent, connecting West and East, North and South. The Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea, which was recently adopted in Aktau, will contribute to the further development of the area’s transit potential. Therefore, as part of the meetings of the Ministers of Transport and Marine Administrations of the Turkic Council, active work is needed to simplify the tariff policy and administrative procedures, the Head of State said.
In the context of successful implementation of Ruhani Zhangyru Project, the President of Kazakhstan pointed to the importance of spiritual revival of the Turkic nations and proposed to develop special projects under the Turkic Council titled 100 People of the Turkic world and Holy Land of the Turkic World in order to preserve sacred places for the coming generations.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev separately focused on optimizing and improving the effectiveness of the governing bodies of the Turkic Council.
In conclusion, the Head of State once again congratulated the Kyrgyz side on the start of the chairmanship of the Turkic Council and wished success.
Following the Summit, the leaders have endorsed:
1. Declaration of the VI Summit of the CCTS.
2. Decision on appointing the Secretary General of the CCTS and his deputy.
3. Decision to grant Hungary observer status in the CCTS.
Following the Summit, the heads of state have adopted:
1. The concept of integration of Turkic Speaking States.
2. Joint statement of the CCTS Heads of State on developing cooperation in the field of national sports and youth policy.
3. Joint statement of the CCTS Heads of State on the 90th anniversary of Chingiz Aitmatov.