During the ceremony, the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassadors of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and the Italian Republic presented credentials to the President of Kazakhstan.
The Head of State congratulated all ambassadors on the beginning of the diplomatic mission in Kazakhstan and expressed confidence that their activities would give a new impetus to the development of interstate relations.
- Your diplomatic service begins in the period of significant and important events in our country. For a quarter of a century, Kazakhstan has become an economically developed, democratic state with an active civil society, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that our country would continue the multi-vector foreign policy on strengthening international relations.
- We support actions based on international law and aimed at strengthening peace and security. Evidence of that is Kazakhstan’s activities as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev focused on the country's participation in peacekeeping activities, highlighting the special role of the Astana process in settling the conflict in Syria.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan noted the importance of joint actions as part of such international and regional organizations as the EEA, SCO, CIS and CICA.
The Head of State also dwelled on the results of the country's social and economic development, pointing to the existing mechanisms for forming Kazakhstan’s investment attractiveness.
Nursultan Nazarbayev spoke about the work of such international structures as the International Centre for Green Technologies, Technology Park of IT start-ups, Astana Financial Centre and called on diplomats to actively cooperate.
- To strengthen trade and economic cooperation, it is necessary to make wide use of the opportunities created in Kazakhstan. This year several important international events will take place in our country. This is the Astana Economic Forum, the VI Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions and the World Islamic Economic Forum. I am confident that your countries will take an active part in these meetings, the Head of State said.
Noting the high level of interstate relations with the Russian Federation, the President of Kazakhstan stressed that the policy of further promotion of cooperation receives the broadest support of the peoples of the two states.
- I highly appreciate good-natured personal relations with the President of Russia Vladimir Putin. Kazakhstan is still aiming to continue expanding its ties with Russia, both in a bilateral format and within the framework of an international agenda for the benefit of our two nations, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
During the ceremony, the Head of State noted the contribution of the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to further strengthening of the Kazakh-Uzbek relations.
- Close ties of friendship, cultural community and traditions are associated with the Republic of Uzbekistan. The launch of the Year of Uzbekistan in Kazakhstan and the celebration of the Year of Kazakhstan in brotherly Uzbekistan next year will be a landmark of new discoveries and will give a powerful impetus to the full range of our cooperation, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev expressed Kazakhstan's intention to continue multifaceted cooperation with Turkmenistan.
- Today, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan are fraternal states in Central Asia, which are connected by good-neighbourly relations. A trustful and constructive dialogue has been established between our countries, a high level of mutual understanding has been achieved in all key areas, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan elaborated on the development of trade and economic relations with the Italian Republic.
- Italy is one of the three trade partners of Kazakhstan and it ranks first among the EU countries according to that indicator. Italy is also one of the largest investors in Kazakhstan’s economy. Kazakhstan is interested in further development of all-round cooperation with Italy, including in the field of innovations and advanced technologies, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
At the end of the ceremony, the Head of State once again congratulated the diplomats and wished them productive work in order to strengthen mutual relations.