The Head of State congratulated those present and the whole nation of Kazakhstan on the national holiday - Independence Day.
-This day invariably brings feelings beyond the control of time - a special combination of pride, joy and excitement, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed that during the years of independence; our country has not only achieved rapid growth, but also created a solid platform for sustainable development in the future.
- A class of entrepreneurs has been formed; first in our history. More than 1.2 million Kazakhstanis have their own business, which is a quarter of the total national income, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that Nurly Zhol Program had become the effective anti-crisis solution that provided an infrastructural reserve for the future.
- When severe winds blew, we did not build fences, but mills. In 7 years, 24 new manufacturing sectors came into being. The effect of the industrial-innovative development program is measured not by objects, but by whole branches, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State paid special attention to successful economic reforms, which became a pledge of strengthening the social function of the state.
- The population of our country for the first time in history exceeded the mark of 18 million, the birth rate increased by 1.5 times. This year Kazakhstan has reached the fourth place in the world in terms of enrolment in primary education. Life expectancy increased by 4.5 years and amounted to 72.5 years. For more than 1.1 million families, their own housing has become a reality, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev separately focused on the achievements of Kazakhstan in the international arena.
- Our capital hosted the international exhibition EXPO. Only this year, Kazakhstan was the venue for the World University Games, the historic SCO Summit, the first OIC Summit on Science and Technology, and the inter-Syrian peace talks. Since January 2018, our country has assumed the presidency of the UN Security Council, the Head of State said.
Addressing the audience, the President of Kazakhstan especially noted the meeting with the participants of 100 New Faces Project and stressed that the main value of Independence is people.
- These people have chosen a motto - not to demand from the state, but to offer their ideas, creative energy, and hard work. This is the living manifesto of our success! This is the generation of Independence, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Kazakh leader defined the transition from quantitative growth to qualitative changes as an important condition for joining the 30 most developed countries.
- Having strengthened Kazakhstan as an established state, we proceeded to comprehensive modernization, to the creation of a new quality of Independence of Kazakhstan. For this, we have launched a political, economic and spiritual modernization, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev separately emphasized the implementation of Ruhani Zhangury (Spiritual Heritage) Program to improve public consciousness.
- This year we have celebrated the 100th anniversary of Alashorda by all the nation. They made a decisive decision on Latinization of the Kazakh alphabet. The transition to the Latin alphabet has its own deep historical logic. This is not only the fulfilment of the dreams of our ancestors, but also the way to the future for future generations, the Head of State said.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan once again congratulated all those present on the Independence Day and noted that the main guarantee of our country's success is political stability, constant support for the course conducted for the benefit of society and the unity of the nation.
- I would like to thank all Kazakhstanis for your confidence, which has given me the strength to carry out all the transformations, for your sincere participation and selfless efforts, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.