Foreign Policy and International Relations Department is a structural subdivision of the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main directions of its activity are:
1. Provision of realization of the President’s powers in the field of foreign policy
- making up the President’s schedule of international events and provision of their substance;
- provision of interaction of the President and the senior staff of the Executive Office with political and public figures of foreign countries and international organisations;
- informational-analytical provision of the President’s activity;
- submitting suggestions on main directions of foreign policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and improvement of cooperation with foreign states;
- submitting suggestions on improvement of the public management system concerning foreign policy and diplomatic service;
- control over realization of foreign policy by state bodies, execution of the President’s and senior staff’s acts and instructions concerning foreign policy;
- participation in drafting acts and decisions concerning conclusion, suspension and termination of international agreements of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- participation in expertise of draft bills and laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan brought for signature to the Head of State, and also in developing acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning foreign policy, including strategic and program documents.
2. Realisation of other powers of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the senior staff of the Executive Office
- consideration within the Department's authority of addresses of individuals and legal bodies sent to the President;
- participation in preparation of consideration of reports, information of the Government, state bodies and officials to the President;
- performance of other functions in the field of foreign policy.
Head of Foreign Policy and International Relations Department of the Presidential Executive Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Dauletbek K. KUSAINOV