During the talks, the sides discussed current issues and further plans for the development of relations.
The Head of State noted the high rates of Tatarstan’s socio-economic growth and pointed to the promising directions of deepening bilateral ties.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed that between Kazakhstan and Tatarstan had formed the closest and most trustworthy relations.
Nursultan Nazarbayev drew attention to the importance of building up trade, economic and investment cooperation.
- You have a good development of IT-technologies. Our youth need to learn this experience. Interregional cooperation is also being established. The volume of mutual trade increased to $ 700 million, and now we need to reach $ 1 billion, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan pointed to the possibility of creating joint ventures in machine building, defence and space industry.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted Tatarstan’s experience in the sphere of oil products processing.
- All countries will switch to the use of alternative energy sources. At the same time, in the next 50 years, oil and gas will also be in demand. Taking advantage of this time, we should create a manufacturing industry, the Head of State stressed.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan focused on cooperation in agriculture.
- It is necessary to develop agricultural science. We can also supply meat to Russia. We have brought the best breeds of cattle to produce high-quality beef, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State dwelled on the results of developing Kazakhstan’s transit-transport potential and actualization of infrastructure programs.
Along with that, the President of Kazakhstan paid attention to cultural and humanitarian cooperation, including the establishment of ties in education and medicine.
- I am glad that Kazan is developing successfully. In the context of our common relations with Russia, Tatarstan is one of the leading places. We will develop further cooperation for the benefit of the two nations, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
Noting Rustam Minnikhanov’s contribution to the strengthening of friendship, mutual understanding and trust between the nations, the Head of State awarded the President of Tatarstan with the Order of Dostyk, Degree 1.
In turn, Rustam Minnikhanov stressed the importance of effective bilateral cooperation in various economic sectors.
- To date Kazakhstan is our most important partner. Important experience is the implementation of successful joint projects, the President of Tatarstan said.
Rustam Minnikhanov noted the pace of education system development in Kazakhstan and expressed his readiness to intensify the process of student exchange.
The President of Tatarstan has also shared his impressions of visiting EXPO 2017 international exhibition in Astana.
- EXPO 2017 was held at the highest level. You have created a powerful and modern platform. I believe that the opening of Astana International Financial Centre based on this complex will be a bright event, and in the future we would like to work with our colleagues from Kazakhstan within the framework of the Centre, Rustam Minnikhanov said.