During the talks, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the well-established trade and economic partnership between Kazakhstan and Germany.
- During the years of independence, Germany has invested about $ 5 billion in Kazakhstan. It is important to note that about 90 percent go to the non-primary sector. For 8 months of this year, the trade turnover between our countries has grown by $ 1.5 billion. Only over the past five years, Kazakhstan has implemented 19 major investment projects, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State underlined Kazakhstan's policy of preserving inter-ethnic accord, drawing attention to cooperation to support the German diaspora residing in Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev dwelled on projects actualized in the country with the German capital.
- At present, more than 900 enterprises with German participation in various spheres are successfully functioning in Kazakhstan, including in construction, transport, agriculture, manufacturing, the President of Kazakhstan said.
At the same time, the Head of State noted the potential of the Eurasian transport corridor, in which a key role belongs to Kazakhstan.
- There are 5 railway and 6 automobile international roads via Kazakhstan today. Thus, there are strategic transport corridors to be utilized by you, Nursultan Nazarbayev addressed to German businesspeople.
The President of Kazakhstan dwelled on the key measures taken by Kazakhstan to create an advantageous investment and business environment.
- The protection of business rights has been achieved and the legislation on entrepreneurship is liberalized. Last year, we took 35th place in the World Bank rating. Earlier this year, Kazakhstan became an associated member of the OECD Investment Committee and joined the Declaration of International Investments, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev put emphasis on the Presidential Foreign Investors Council activity and pointed to the conditions created in Kazakhstan for businesspeople, including the introduction of a visa-free regime for a number of states and exemption from corporate tax for investment projects.
The President of Kazakhstan invited German investors to take part in the third wave of privatization, and actively develop cooperation with Astana Financial Centre.
- Businesspeople need to use all opportunities for business development and strengthening of mutually beneficial cooperation. I am confident that today's meeting will strengthen our partnership, the Head of State said.