President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev gave the Government a number of urgent instructions:
1. To create a special investigative group consisting of representatives of the Prosecutor General’s Office, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the National Security Committee and other competent structures to identify the causes of the events that occurred, to establish and bring for criminal and administrative prosecution all those responsible.
2. The Armed Forces, the National Security Committee, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the National Guard and other law enforcement agencies - to carry out measures to increase combat readiness and equipment, maintain the morale of military personnel.
3. Akimats of the regions should provide decent financial support to the families of the deceased police and Armed Forces officers.
4. Ministry of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry together with the Ministry of Internal Affairs - on the basis of the call center 1414 to organize a direct line to provide citizens with information about victims and missing persons as a result of the actions of criminal groups.
5. To establish commissions to assess the amount of damage suffered as a result of the riots; to commence work on the restoration of administrative buildings, social facilities, residential buildings in Almaty and other regions after the situation has stabilized.
6. Akims - to stabilize the work of public utilities, public transport and social infrastructure facilities.
7. To take measures to provide state support to small and medium-sized businesses affected by criminal actions in Almaty and other regions.
8. National Bank and the Agency for Regulation and Development of Financial Market - to ensure the restoration of stable and uninterrupted operation of second-tier banks and other financial organizations after the situation has stabilized.
9. To take measures to protect diplomatic missions, as well as actors of foreign investment and business of foreign companies.
10. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – to ensure the maintenance of permanent relations with foreign states, international organizations and other partners across all current issues of bilateral and multilateral cooperation.