Kassym-Jomart Tokayev thanked Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for travelling to our country on a state visit.
The agenda of the meeting included 5 issues: foreign policy and investment, trade and economic cooperation, transport and logistics, military industry, energy, and agriculture.
The President of Kazakhstan noted the dynamically developing trade, economic and investment cooperation between the two countries.
- Our goal is to bring the mutual trade turnover up to $10 billion. Over the past 15 years, Ankara has invested $4.35 billion in Kazakhstan. And our country invested $1.13 billion in Türkiye. Türkiye is one of the top 10 largest investors in Kazakhstan. In general, transit-transport links play an important role in building the potential of bilateral trade. We call for the development of the Trans-Caspian Corridor to reduce transportation costs and delivery time. We discussed this issue at today’s meeting and came to a consensus. A trilateral meeting was held in Baku in June this year. We intend to continue this tradition. We suggest holding the next meeting in Aktau," Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said.
The President of Türkiye, on behalf of himself and his delegation, thanked the Kazakh people for their hospitality and expressed interest in further development of cooperation between the two countries in all spheres.
- We are participating in the diversification of Kazakhstan's economy. I am confident that our companies will also contribute to initiatives aimed at providing working places for people. We have agreed to increase our trade turnover to $5 billion in the short term and to $10 billion in the medium term. So far, everything is going according to plan. Our cooperation in the transport and logistics sector allows us to achieve our mid-term goals in a short time. The importance of the Caspian Sea is growing. The trilateral meeting in Baku was a success. We hope that the meeting in Aktau will enable us to advance this work. We are duly fulfilling our obligations to the world community to ensure global food security. I believe that the potential of wheat-rich Kazakhstan can be used in this regard," Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said.
During the meeting, members of the delegations of the two countries also spoke on the 5 issues on the agenda.
As a result of the talks, the following documents were signed by members of the official delegations in the presence of the heads of state:
1. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Türkiye in the field of veterinary medicine and food safety.
2. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Türkiye on cooperation in the field of health care.
3. Memorandum of Cooperation between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Türkiye in the field of museum work, protection and restoration of monuments.
4. Memorandum between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Türkiye in the field of culture.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Trade and Integration of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Trade of the Republic of Türkiye on cooperation in the field of technical regulation, standardization, metrology, accreditation and conformity assessment.
6. Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation between the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Family Affairs and Social Services of the Republic of Türkiye.